Traditional Japanese Reiki
Reiki is a spiritual healing system developed by Mikao Usui around 1900 from Taoism, Buddhism, and principles of Classical Chinese Medicine. Usui, a lay Buddhist practitioner, developed a technique that was simple, compassionate, and easy to learn. This system became known as Reiki in the west, where it has undergone considerable changes over the past few decades. There are now many variations of the system representing blends of Reiki and Yoga practices, in addition to modern metaphysical and spiritual thought. Reiki works at all levels of our being as recipients, and opens us to powerful facilitation capabilities as practitioners. Reiki training teaches us how to be present for, and channel the boundless healing energy all around us. Reiki is not a religion, and it does not conflict with any religious practice.
The instructor, Bruce Davis, has been teaching Reiki since 1995, and has trained many professional practitioners from all walks of life. The system taught in these classes is called Traditional Japanese Reiki (TJR) and is a close reconstruction of the original teachings of the system, as developed by the founder. TJR was developed by internationally known Reiki teacher, Dave King, in the mid-1990s as a result of his exploration of Reiki in Japan. Each class is a combination of theoretical principles and direct application in student sessions. Further study and practice is required between each practitioner level. The class offerings listed below are held in the Cincinnati area by appointment only. Classes can be provided outside the Cincinnati area for a modest travel fee. Follow-up and support is provided after training. These private group classes can be scheduled upon request, and can be customized to your experience level, and professional needs. Group rates are also available. A nominal travel charge may apply for classes conducted outside the Cincinnati metropolitan area.
Traditional Japanese Reiki First Degree
- The origins of Reiki, and its principles.
- The level one Attunements.
- The TJR hand positions.
- Creating a healing space.
- The nature of spiritual healing, and healing with Reiki.
- How to give and facilitate a healing session, and what to expect.
- Integrating Reiki into other holistic practices.
- Fee per student is $200.
- No prerequisites.
- This is a one-day offering. First Degree certification is provided.
Traditional Japanese Reiki Second Degree
- In-depth exploration of Reiki principles from the system’s origins.
- The level two Attunements.
- The three level two Reiki symbols as taken from Usui’s original renditions, with original definitions, and usage.
- The use of the Reiki symbols in healing sessions.
- How to do a absentee (“distance”) healing session.
- Hands-on practice sessions, with tips for added effectiveness.
- Fee per student is $200.
- Must be at least level one (any Reiki system) to attend.
- This is a one-day offering. Second Degree certification is provided.
Traditional Japanese Reiki Third Degree (Advanced Practitioner)
- Special review for those with no previous TJR training (where applicable.)
- The level three attunement.
- The level three symbol (fourth symbol), as taken from Usui’s original rendition, with original definition, and usage.
- Overview of Five Element theory of energy.
- Reiki as Self-Empowerment and its use in life and healing.
- Expansion and development of the practitioner’s session form and intuitive presence.
- Cost per student is $200.
- Must be at level two (any Reiki system) to attend.
- This class is the Advanced (Master) Practitioner level, and does not confer teacher’s certification for TJR.
- This is a one-day offering. Third Degree certification is provided.
Special Traditional Japanese Reiki Third Degree (Advanced Practitioner)
♦ This class includes materials from Level 1-3 Traditional Japanese Reiki and a brief review of main topics of Level one and two plus full content of Level three. The course consists of:
♦ All written materials of Level one through three.
♦ Review of level one principles and session practice.
♦ Review of Level two principles with emphasis on the Reiki Symbols and their use.
♦ Absentee Healing Technique from Level two.
♦ The level three attunement.
♦ The level three symbol (fourth symbol), as taken from Usui’s original rendition, with original definition, and usage.
♦ Reiki as Self-Empowerment and its use in life and healing.
♦ Expansion and development of the practitioner’s session form and intuitive presence.
♦ Cost per student is $300.
♦ Must be at level two (any Reiki system) to attend.
♦ This class is the Advanced (Master) Practitioner level, and does not confer teacher’s certification for TJR.
♦ This is a one-day offering, or two afternoons. Third Degree certification is provided.
Reiki Teacher’s Training
Teacher Training in Usui Reiki involves an internship process. This training is available only as private instruction and you must provide the venue.
Please note: All classes can only be offered by appointment only, and you must have at least two people in order to schedule a private class. You must also provide the venue for the training. Travel fees may apply for classes outside the Cincinnati, Ohio area.